Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fringe 2

Having now watched the second episode of Fringe I thought I'd update my previous review a bit.

The second episode continued in much the same vein as the first. While not as visually gory as the first, this time the "ick factor" came from the dialogue. In particular a fairly graphic description of a serial killer's M.O. While they never got around to showing what was described, only "prettied up" aftermath, it didn't stop my stomach from churning every time they cut to the killer and his victim. What if this was the time they were going to show it?

The "ick factor" aside, this episode was slightly easier to understand than the last. There was more character development and a little bit of character mystery thrown in. I also didn't find the camera moves and framing quite a jarringly out of place. I find Fringe and the issues and ideas it raises stimulating and fascinating and I have to say, I think this might just be my newest "must watch". (Like I needed another one!)

Oh and Bonus: That's Denethor (John Noble) playing Walter Bishop! The man sure can do crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm human, so I've got some issues, but all things considered I guess I'm reasonably normal. My parents are still married. My best friends are my sisters...okay, so I'm normal for the 1850's whatever. I'm opinionated and nerdy. I'm walking the line between tweener-style pop culture love (witness my ever-burning New Kids love and inexplicable Twilight obsession) and elitist culture snob (I can't seem to get enough 19th century British Lit and historical biographies) but, after 30 years, I'm finally learning not to give a crap what anyone else thinks about me. Oh, and those are my feet in the picture. The socks were made by a friend.

Site Meter