Wednesday, October 1, 2008

True Blood

I recently moved and I now have HBO and Showtime and all that good stuff, so this weekend I watched the first four episodes of True Blood and I love it! It's like Twilight for grown ups!

Based on a series of books by Charlaine Harris the basic idea is that Japan created synthetic blood, which allowed Vampires to "come out". The story centers around Sookie, a human living in Bon Temps, Louisiana (because really is there a better place in America for a vampire story?) who is telepathic (Edward?) and Bill, a vampire, who comes into the bar where Sookie works. So far their relationship is a lot of innuendo and dancing around, but in a way that makes you itchy for more.

There are a lot of subplots revolving around the main pair, a lot of which involve some pretty graphic material of both a sexual and a violent nature, but it fits in with the idea of the show. I'm loving this show and feel much less ashamed about my love than I did with Twilight. I can't wait for next Sunday and I'll be looking out for the books too!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I'm human, so I've got some issues, but all things considered I guess I'm reasonably normal. My parents are still married. My best friends are my sisters...okay, so I'm normal for the 1850's whatever. I'm opinionated and nerdy. I'm walking the line between tweener-style pop culture love (witness my ever-burning New Kids love and inexplicable Twilight obsession) and elitist culture snob (I can't seem to get enough 19th century British Lit and historical biographies) but, after 30 years, I'm finally learning not to give a crap what anyone else thinks about me. Oh, and those are my feet in the picture. The socks were made by a friend.

Site Meter