Thursday, November 6, 2008

BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!

So back in September I saw the New Kids on the Block in New Jersey, where I discovered that they had added a show in Philadelphia, which is much closer to where I live. I discovered that it wasn't sold out yet so I called a friend of mine who has a 1-year-old and therefore doesn't get out much, to see if she wanted to go. After some arm twisting (me: Hey, if we can get tickets to the New Kids in Philly, do you want to go? her: YES! me: Do you need to double check with your husband? her: Nope, I'm going!) she agreed to go.

So she picked me up yesterday about 5 PM and we headed to Philly. After some driving around, we managed to find a restaurant and get a little dinner. We then got to the show and headed to our EXTREME nose-bleed seats. Section 222, way up high and actually a little behind the stage. We couldn't even get a decent view of the screens that would show what was going on on stage, but we didn't care, we were there! It was my friends first time seeing them and she was super excited.

Between opening acts, we were going through the program and talking when a couple of men showed up in our section and started handing out tickets for "better seats". We managed to snag a couple and discovered they were Section 2, row 22 seats 1 and 2! We headed downstairs and found our seats, in the back row of the front center section on the floor!!!!! We were so close we could see the sweat flying off the Kids' faces! Never in a million years would I have thought I would ever have seats that close to anything!

The concert was just as good as last time. High energy and loud! They were big on mentioning the Phillie's big win and the election results. There was a great period after doing their new song "Click Click Click". At the end they pose and the shot is frozen on the jumbo screens and the "pose contest" commences. It was a lot of joking with each other and was just fun to be a part of watching their interaction with each other.

It's still a great show. I'm hopeful that they'll continue to make new music and tour, because I'll definitely go see them again!!!

Oh, and I just need to say this: President-Elect Barack Obama!!!!

That felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm human, so I've got some issues, but all things considered I guess I'm reasonably normal. My parents are still married. My best friends are my sisters...okay, so I'm normal for the 1850's whatever. I'm opinionated and nerdy. I'm walking the line between tweener-style pop culture love (witness my ever-burning New Kids love and inexplicable Twilight obsession) and elitist culture snob (I can't seem to get enough 19th century British Lit and historical biographies) but, after 30 years, I'm finally learning not to give a crap what anyone else thinks about me. Oh, and those are my feet in the picture. The socks were made by a friend.

Site Meter